Geophysical methods for searching and prospecting minerals
Training in the field of ore and oil and gas geophysics for the solution of practical problems of mineral exploration, the principles of processing and interpretation of field data, basic researches of crust.
The program includes multiaspect preparation according to modular programs of oil and gas and ore geophysics. Classes are taught by professors and teachers with academic degrees and ranks and also the lecturers having wide experience of carrying out basic and applied researches in seismology in fields of solid minerals and hydrocarbons, in processing, interpretation and modeling of data of seismic exploration, geophysical potential fields, logging; in design and resource assessment of reserves of solid minerals and hydrocarbons, in designer's service, audit and monitoring of exploration works, in drawing up comprehensive programs on carrying out geodynamic monitoring of a subsoil, etc.
Rich infrastructure is created for the program:
- “The magnetically diluted” laboratory equipped with the magnetometers "MMP-203", "MM-61-1", "PMG-2";
- "Petrophysicist" laboratory equipped with devices for measurement of electric resistance and magnetic properties of rocks;
- Radiometry, electromagnetic sounding, geophysical investigations of wells, seismic prospecting gravity gradiometry laboratories.
Computer classes with the specialized software:
- Studio 3 (mining-and-geological, structural and block modeling and calculation of reserves of solid minerals);
- SSMT 2000 (data processing of electromagnetic investigation);
- Oazis-Montaj (processing and modeling of gravitational and magnetic fields);
- Geolog-Gold and Echos-NexCen (processing and interpretation of data of seismic exploration and geophysical surveys of wells.
You will know the software necessary for mining-and-geological modeling and calculation of reserves of solid minerals, methods of data processing of electromagnetic investigation, processing and modeling of gravitational and magnetic fields, processing and interpretations of data of seismic exploration and geophysical surveys of wells.
You will own modern information technologies, be able to conduct scientific research and solve practical problems of theoretical applied geophysics.
The program has convenient lesson schedule allowing to combine study and work, individual approach, research practice in the mining and oil and gas companies and institutes. The university provides extra time for carrying out consultations on various aspects of dissertation work.