ICFAD was established in 2018 with the support of leading international companies Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, General Electric, China Coal Technology Engineering Group Corp to provide R&D (research and development) services for the oil and gas, mining and metallurgical industries.
The Center has the necessary material and technical base, specialized software and qualified personnel with experience in domestic and international mining and metallurgical, oil and gas companies, that is confirmed by a number of completed R&D projects from the largest subsoil users of Kazakhstan.
- Geological structure, prospecting and exploration of promising objects, the use of new and effective methods of processing geological and geophysical studies, their integration.
- Regional and detailed methods of seismic exploration, logging and geophysical potential fields, vertical seismic profiling. Geological and technological studies of wells.
- Petrophysical interpretation of logs, cuttings and core data.
- Building of petrophysical, static (physical and geological) and hydrodynamic models.
- Calculation of reserves for mineral deposits.
- Mineral extraction forecast.
- Well placement and drilling technology recommendations.
- Recommendations for the development of the resource base.
- Assessment of the degree of influence of the main geological and physical factors on the technological indicators of the development of mineral deposits, analysis of the effectiveness of various systems for maintaining and regulating reservoir pressure, rational well placement, intensification of oil production from low-permeability, highly heterogeneous, and clay-containing reservoirs.
- Management of exploration projects under new conditions, legal and financial regulation of the use of subsoil, cooperation with investors and foreign companies in the development of oil and gas resources.
- State and trends in the development of thermal, physicochemical, gas, microbiological and wave methods of enhanced oil recovery.
- Technical trainings.
One of the center's main projects is the implementation of integrated projects for the exploration and development of coalbed methane deposits carried out by a joint venture between Satbayev University and ArcelorMittal Temirtau JSC.
Head of the Center: Abetov Auez Yegemberdievich - Head of the Department of Geophysics. Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences, Professor, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Mineral Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan. 40 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including the position as Chief Geologist at Schlumberger.
- Auez Abetov: A.Abetov@satbayev.university;
- Ramazan Mussin: + 7 708 758 68 64, email@example.com;
- Assylbek Yedilov: + 7 778 493 47 74, firstname.lastname@example.org.