International Field Analysis and Development Center
Joint investment venture Satbayev University and Baker Hughes, and General Electric Company for the development of innovative projects for the oil and gas and mining and metallurgical industries, created on July 26, 2018.
The main task of the company is the development of innovative projects using advanced technologies for liquefied natural gas plants, downhole measurement systems, piston and centrifugal compressors, instrumentation, gas and wind turbines, and generators, gas engines.
One of the activities of the company is student training and professional development. The material and technical base of the center allows students to conduct research and design work based on the experience of global companies. The center is working to create a knowledge base that can be used by each specialist.
One of the company's projects is the joint assessment and implementation of integrated projects for prospecting, exploration and development of deposits, as well as coal bed methane, carried out by a joint venture between Satbayev University and ArcelorMittal Temirtau.
Baker Hughes, a General Electric company (NYSE: BHGE) is the first and only full-cycle company in the world that provides the oil and gas industry with a full range of advanced equipment, service and digital solutions. Combining material, technical and research base, deep expertise and world experience of Baker Hughes, and General Electric Company and Satbayev University will contribute to the development of energy, oil and gas industry, as well as exploration and production of coal methane in Kazakhstan, and prepare a new generation of engineers and technical specialists in accordance with the Code “On Subsoil and Subsoil Use”, which entered into force on June 29, 2018.
Main activities of the center:
• Development of innovative projects using advanced technologies for liquefied natural gas plants, down hole measurement systems, piston and centrifugal compressors, instrumentation, gas and wind turbines, and generators, gas engines;
• Calculation and assessment of mineral reserves in accordance with international methods;
• Research and development;
• Assessment and implementation of integrated projects for the exploration, exploration and development of deposits, as well as coal bed methane;
• Geophysical surveys;
• Research & Development and training, advanced training of specialists in accordance with the Code "On Subsoil and Subsoil Use".
• Conducting exploration and development of deposits;
• Development of design estimates;
• Construction of wells of any complexity;
• Intensification of layers.
Leaders of the International center:
Representatives of shareholders:
• Iskander Beisembetov - Rector, Satbayev University;
• Chingiz Cherniyazdanov - Managing Director for Innovative Development, Satbayev University;
• Executive representatives of Baker Hughes, and General Electric Company.
Curator of the center: Syzdykov Askar Hamzayevich.
Director of the Institute of Geology and Oil and Gas. Candidate of Technical Sciences, PhD in the oil and gas industry. 37 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including managing positions at KazTransGas and participation in the development of Kazakhstan’s oil and gas fields.
Head of the center: Abetov Auez Egemberdyevich.
Head of the Department of Geophysics. Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences, Professor, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Mineral Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan. 37 years experience in the oil and gas industry, including as chief geologist of Schlumberger.
Partners of the center:
Baker Hughes, a General Electric Company
The first and only full-cycle company in the world providing the oil and gas industry with a full range of advanced equipment, services and digital solutions. The company combines the key advantages of Baker Hughes and General Electric Oil & Gas and applies unique knowledge and technological capabilities to increase productivity and ensure the safe operation of customers' businesses, while reducing their costs and risks. BHGE has been doing business in 120 countries of the world and for over a hundred years has combined industrial experience and innovative ideas to efficiently provide the world with energy.
China Coal Technology & Engineering Group is a Chinese Coal Engineering and Technology Corporation with an annual revenue of $ 6 billion, a leading coal exploration and production company in China.
University of Pennsylvania - a successful experience in scientific and technical research in the field of degassing of coal mines and methane production in the United States.
International scientific education center of the atomic industry
Joint venture Satbayev University and JSC NAC "Kazatomprom". The mission of the center is to preserve, systematize and develop the unique industry-wide industrial experience of Kazatomprom and train new uranium industry personnel.
The International Atomic Industry Research and Education Center is Kazakhstan’s largest center for developing the competencies of the uranium industry with a unified system base of knowledge, mentoring and mentoring for new talents of the nuclear industry of Kazakhstan, ensuring the continuity of the innovation process and knowledge transfer. As part of the center, a program of grants for training in specialties in the field of geology, industrial automation and chemical technologies with employment at Kazatomprom was created.
Kazatomprom is the number one company in the world in natural uranium mining, the national operator of the Republic of Kazakhstan in importing and exporting uranium, rare metals, nuclear fuel for nuclear power plants, about 27 thousand employees, more than 80 production facilities in 6 regions of Kazakhstan.
The strategic goals of Kazatomprom are focused on maintaining a leading position in the global natural uranium market, therefore the company is very attentive to the selection and training of qualified specialists. Personnel policy is aimed at developing staff skills in complex projects of various sizes and creating a team of world-class professionals.
Most of the center's activities are occupied by research projects of international level and the creation of a unique digital bank of scientific and educational, scientific, methodical and technical information, which absorbed many years of experience of Kazatomprom specialists.
As part of the training, the Center launched an educational program of master's programs in three specialties: “Geological Survey, Search and Exploration of Mineral Deposits”, “Chemical Technology of Inorganic Substances”, “Automation and Control”. Members of the Board of Honorary Professors of the Kazatomprom company “Akқaldar keseni” take part in the training process.
Scientific and educational complex of the center:
• “Innovative geological and mineralogical laboratory”;
• Training center "SU-Honeywell";
• Laboratory of the TMIO department for installation, commissioning and repair of process equipment;
• Laboratory of metallurgy;
• Kazakh-French educational center in the field of energy, electrical engineering and maintenance of automated systems - Schneider Electric;
• Nanotechnology laboratory;
• Laboratory of physical and chemical processes of uranium technology;
• Cabinet RB PB and BIOT;
• Virtual simulators of technological processes;
• Production laboratory Fablab.
Academic partners of the center:
• Université Pierre et Marie Curie (France),
• Université of Rennes (France),
• The University of Arizona (USA),
• McGill University (Canada),
• University Putra (Malaysia),
• University of Surrey (United Kingdom),
• KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden),
• University of Cambridge (United Kingdom),
• Georgia Institute of Technology, (USA),
• Tomsk Polytechnic University,
• St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics.