The new program, developed in 2018, opens up broad employment opportunities for graduates through fundamental and practical training as part of a system-developed program based on “Chemical Organic Technology”, “Chemical Inorganic Substances”, “Biotechnology”, and “Ecology” specialties.
The program trains specialists for enterprises of chemical, mining and manufacturing industries. It is one of the most promising programs of Satbayev University. Training specificity lies in the presence of specialization on “Nuclear-chemical technology” trend and training of engineering and technical personnel for “Kazatomprom” enterprises.
The field of graduates’ professional activity is development, design, adjustment, operation and improvement of processing of chemical raw materials, oil, gas and intermediate products of organic synthesis with the purpose to manufacture substances for materials used in production of household appliances, fuel, surfactants, detergents and other manufacture products.
You will be able to plan and organize technological processes for organic and inorganic substances production, operate technological equipment, conduct scientific research in the field of synthesis and processing of various compounds, process the results obtained.
A graduate who completed “Chemical and Biochemical Engineering” new educational program receives “Bachelor of Engineering and Technology” academic degree. The program provides orientation, introductory, production and pre-diploma practice. Provided in-depth study of a foreign language.
By the end of the program, you will obtain:
1. Deep fundamental and practical general engineering training.
2. Mastering three languages.
3. Opportunities for a successful career.
4. High demand in the labor market.
For specialization, you can choose one of the following education pathways:
1. "Chemical technology of organic substances" - work in the field of modern technologies for processing of hydrocarbon, mineral and techno genic raw materials into target products, reagents and new polymeric materials. Graduates of the given specialty will be able to successfully work in various national, international, foreign enterprises of oil, gas and petrochemical industries, research institutes and laboratories, design and educational organizations.
2. "Chemical technology of inorganic substances" - work in the field of nuclear chemical technology, technology of natural raw materials’ integrated use; production of mineral acids, salts, soda, alkalis, gas and wastewater treatment; recycling of waste and intermediates of chemical and metallurgical industries; production of alumina, chromium and its compounds; production of glass, synthetic detergents, mineral fertilizers, etc. After graduation, graduates can successfully work as engineer-technologists, design engineers and researchers at industrial enterprises, in research and educational organizations as well.
3. “Biotechnology” - work in the field of development and introduction into production of environmentally friendly biotechnologies and biotechnology, alternative renewable bioenergy, production of protection means against biological damage, technical biopolymers and organic solvents. Places of possible employment are almost all industries, research institutes, secondary technical and higher educational institutions, environmental, sanitary-epidemiological and customs services.
4. “Ecology” - work in the field of environmental protection, environmental forecasting and monitoring, assessment of environmental factors impact on environment. These specialists will be in demand at industrial enterprises as an environmental engineer, a leading specialist in domestic and international environmental protection organizations, industrial fields of mining, mineral and organic processing, in production of goods, environmental design companies, industrial laboratories, research institutes and associations, and act as experts on environmental projects.