The program trains heat power engineers who work at enterprises related to conversion of heat into electricity: NPP, HPP, electric and thermal power plants. By the end of training, "Bachelor of Engineering and Technology" degree is awarded.
Students gain knowledge in the field of industrial and domestic heat and power equipment, energy audit and energy saving at enterprises. They study the theoretical foundations of thermal engineering, technical thermodynamics, combined-cycle and gas turbine installations of thermal power plants and nuclear power plants, boiler plants and steam generators, solar installations and heat pumps, thermal power systems and energy use. They learn to calculate and design heat and mass transfer equipment and heat supply systems of enterprises and housing and communal services, as well as master practical issues of operation of thermal power plant equipment and heat-mass transfer equipment of enterprises.
Graduates of the program work in such companies as “Kazzinc”, “Karachaganak Petroleum Operating”, “KEGOC”, “AZHK”, “Almaty Thermal Networks”, “Kazatomprom” in the quality of:
- Power engineers - development, production and operation of thermal and energy supply systems;
- Heat engineers - provision of heat to residential and commercial stock, operation of appropriate equipment (heating devices, refrigeration and drying plants, etc.);
- Operators of power systems - managing the operation of the power system in its service area;
- Designers of heating systems - calculation of thermal loads and selection of necessary thermal power equipment;
- Steam turbine drivers - ensuring reliable operation of turbine equipment and generator cooling systems;
- Machinists of boiler installations - maintenance of a solid fuel steam boiler.