FOR FOREIGN ENTRANTS
On this page you will find all the information related to admission procedure to Satbayev University for foreign applicants.
Please note that foreigners can enroll in the university during the year, but they can only study on a fee basis. For discounts and other programs, see "Discounts" section.
What it takes to be enrolled:
- Collect the necessary documents
- Come to Kazakhstan and assure them
- Choose the direction of study
- Apply for admission to Satbayev University
- Pass an interview
SATBAYEV UNIVERSITY IS THE BEST CHOICE!
Satbayev University is not only the first technical university in Kazakhstan, but also an international community.
Hundreds of foreign students from Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Mongolia, China, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Georgia, Pakistan, Egypt, Syria and so on study here.
Advantage of Satbayev University::
- 405th place in QS World University World Ranking
- 50-101st place in the subject ranking of the best educational programs
in oil-gas engineering sphere due to excellent academic reputation
- The best adaptation programs
- Program of dormitories for international students
- Start of training during the academic year
- Rich experience and interesting student life
- A dynamic and exciting city at the foot of Zailiy Alatau
- Mild and comfortable climate
3D tour of the university
DOCUMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS
The admission process to Satbayev University for foreign applicants can only be full-time. You will need to come to Kazakhstan and submit originals and certified copies of documents to the university.
All translations, nostrification of documents and receipt of medical certificates are carried out on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Therefore, we recommend that you prepare in advance and have all the necessary documents with you at all stages.
To enroll in Satbayev University for Bachelor's degree program, you need a secondary education or similar. To confirm this, an applicant provides the following set of documents:
- Identity document with notarized translations;
- Document on education and an appendix to it with notarized translations;
- Certificate of recognition and nostrification of educational documents;
- Health certificate # 075-у + fluorography snapshot;
- Certificate of HIV (AIDS) testing;
- Photo 3x4 — 6 items.
All these documents also need to be scanned and have them in electronic form. Translations and notarization of documents are carried out on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Identity document (ID, internal and foreign passports)
- Document on education and an appendix to it.
- Residence permit or work permit / long-term visit, if you are not a resident of the country whose citizenship you have
The document on education and the appendix to the document on education must be apostilled or legalized. After arriving in Kazakhstan, you must receive notarized translations and/or copies of the given documents.
If your documents are written in Russian or Kazakh, you need copies. If in any other language, a notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian is required.
Depending on which country you live in, you will need to apply for a C9 student visa to study. Students need to apply for a visa through Consulate/Embassy of Kazakhstan in their country of residence. The duration of processing your visa documents will depend on a number of factors, including your country of residence. Before coming to Kazakhstan for admission to the university, consult with Consulate of Kazakhstan to get more detailed information about the procedure for applying for a visa, the necessary documents and the timing of its issuance.
In order to come to Kazakhstan for a short period of time, a visa is normally not needed, since Kazakhstan has an agreement on visa-free regime with most countries. You can spend 14, 30 or 90 days in Kazakhstan without a visa, depending on which country you come from. During this time, you will have time to certify the documents, submit them to the university and pass an interview.
Visa regime of the Republic of Kazakhstan for foreign citizens
In the future, you will need to get a student visa to study.
No, foreign citizens enter without entrance exams or UNT, on the basis of an interview.
- Choose the direction of study;
- Come to Kazakhstan;
- Provide an identity document and educational documents, as well as their notarized translations and copies to Admission Committee of Satbayev University. Sign the application for admission;
- Set a date and pass an interview in the chosen field of training;
- Get approval of the application for admission;
- Submit the signed contract and all required documents (certificate of recognition and nostrification and medical certificates) on paper to the Admissions Committee;
- Get an order to enroll in the students of Satbayev University;
- Pay 40% of the tuition fee;
- Issue an invitation to obtain a study visa at the Consulate of the Republic of Kazakhstan in your country;
- Travel to your country and get a visa for a foreign student in form C 9;
- Register the passport of a foreign student with the migration police of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Start the study.
Certificate of recognition of education must be obtained from the PSC ("State Corporation "Government for Citizens"). To do this, the following documents are submitted:
- Identity document
- Application for recognition of educational documents (to be filled in on the spot)
- A copy of the legalized or apostilled document on education and its supplements with a notarized translation (if the document is completely in a foreign language), including the translation of the seal.
In order to get a certificate on # 075-y form, you need to come to the student polyclinic or Satbayev University corporate clinic located on the university territory. You can take and receive a fluorography image at the same time as receiving the certificate.
You must have an identity document with you.
Address of Almaty student polyclinic:
Almaty, Bukhar-zhyrau Boulevard, 14 (Markov street corner).
Call center +7 (778) 003-71-41, reception 8 (727) 312-39-51.
It is necessary to be tested for HIV at Center for Prevention and Control of AIDS in Almaty. You will receive a certificate when taking blood.
Address of Centre for prevention and control of AIDS:
Almaty, st. Basenova 2, building 4 (corner of Zharokov street).
Telephones: 8 (727) 246-53-36, 8 (727) 246-53-52.
Such a letter is received by the coordinator for work with foreign students from Migration Service Department of Almaty Police Department. This can take up to 14 days, so students should pay the fee and send all the necessary documents as soon as possible:
- A copy of the main page of the passport with a notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian
- A copy of permit of residence or work permit / long-term visit with a notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian in the event that you permanently live not in your country of citizenship
- Letter of admission to Satbayev University
Make sure that all your personal data is correct and corresponds to the information in your passport. If something is incorrectly indicated in any of the documents, contact Admissions Committee urgently.
To apply for a visa, you need to follow the instructions listed on the official websites of Embassy / Consulate of the Republic of Kazakhstan in your country.
As a rule, the following documents are required:
- Invitation letter
- Visa application form
- Letter of admission to Satbayev University
- Passport (original + two copies), which must be valid for at least six months after the expiration of the requested visa and must contain at least two blank pages to mark the visa)
- A copy of the booking of a ticket to Kazakhstan
- One photo (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Additional documents: bank statements, medical insurance, proof of residence in Almaty (hotel reservation, hostel, etc.)
- Payment of visa fee (depends on the country)
All these documents must also be with you when you arrive in Kazakhstan, as they may be asked to show when crossing the border.
Foreign students arriving from Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, instead of a visa on arrival, temporary registration is issued at the place of residence for a period of one academic year. To make a temporary registration, you need to provide the original of your passport to Department for work with foreign students.
A foreign student can start studying after obtaining a student visa and registering with Migration Police of the Republic of Kazakhstan after arriving in Almaty. You must notify the migration service of your arrival within three calendar days from the moment of crossing the border of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
CHOOSING THE DIRECTION OF STUDY
Education at Satbayev University is conducted according to educational programs. Here you can choose one of them.
PAYMENT AND DISCOUNTS
Tuition fees at Satbayev University are calculated per year of study (36 credits for Bachelor's degree program). The tuition fee starts from $2,630.
Please specify the price additionally in Admission Committee, as the price depends on the educational program and may change.
Recommend Satbayev University to your friends and get discounts on tuition! You and your friend are entitled to a discount if you come from the same school, or one brought the other. The discount is calculated depending on how many people you have brought.
|How many people came on your recommendation
|The discount amount on training
|The discount amount for accommodation in the hostel
|1 – 3
|4 – 6
|7 – 10
|11 – 15
|16 – 20
|21 – 25
|26 – 30
|31 or more
The discount is granted for the first year of study and is extended for subsequent years of study if the student studies well (the average GPA per semester is not lower than 3.0 points).
The Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan provides grants for foreign students, including those of Kazakh nationality who are not citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The program provides students with free tuition and a monthly scholarship depending on the student’s academic success.
Online acceptance of documents will last until June 30, 2024.
Detailed information and acceptance of documents
STUDENT LIFE AT SATBAYEV UNIVERSITY
Satbayev University for international students can become an enriching and useful experience filled with new acquaintances, cultural experiences and memories for a lifetime! Join the student community of our University!
According to the procedure of documents registration:
+7 (727) 320 41 52
Republic of Kazakhstan,
Almaty, 22 Satbayev str.,
The main academic building (MAB), 2nd floor, Room 212.
Entrance from Baitursynov Street.
+7 (700) 219 47 29
from 9.00 to 18.00
+7 (727) 292 73 01
+7 (727) 292 77 79
+7 (727) 292 67 03
+7 (727) 292 57 34
Monday - Friday from 9:00 to 18:00
Saturday from 9:00 to 14:00
Sunday – a day off