Geology and exploration of solid mineral deposits
How to fill in the application to participate in state grant contest?
1. Before applying, select your favorite educational program at Satbayev University, corresponding to the relevant subjects in which you passed UNT.
2. Write down for yourself the code (column “Groups of educational programs” in the table) of the group of educational programs that includes the program you have chosen.
3. Indicate the group code and code of Satbayev University (Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satpayev) in the application for a grant: 029.
Educational Program Group
Complex testing subjects
General and Historical Geology
Geology of mineral deposits
Training of specialists in the field of surveying, prospecting and exploration of minerals for mining exploration and geological enterprises.
Graduates receive an academic master’s degree in technics and technological for 1.5 years and in technical science for 2 years of study. The specialty is accredited by the German program ASSIIN, the diploma is quoted in Europe.
Master-students basics of petrology, the structure of ore fields and deposits, the theory of the formation of oil and gas deposits within the platform and folded fields, remote sensing of the Earth.
Education is conducted on modern computer programs Surfer, Geosoft, ArcGIS. Foreign lecturers, leading experts from manufacturing companies and scientific-research institutes are invited to conduct lectures and consultations on contemporary problems of geology. For practical training, undergraduates are sent to exploration, geological survey, oilfield, hydrogeological enterprises.
Graduates will be able to:
- analyze geological materials and recognize geological and industrial types of expected mineralization;
- draw up projects for the development of the deposit and the ore area and professionally organize geological survey, prospecting and evaluation work;
- comprehensively explore the promising areas and structures, make geological, structural, geochemical, and forecast-metallogenic maps;
- determine the geological and economic value of the identified objects and the efficiency of exploration.
They get the skills of an advanced user of specialized software systems Micromine, Datamine, Leafprog with the skills to create a database of deposits, build a geological, geodynamic model of deposits and ore bodies, and calculate reserves.
Production and pre-diploma practice is conducted in the companies “Kazgeology”, “Kazakhmys”, “Kazzinc”, “Kazfosfor”, “Maykayyn-zoloto”, “Kazatomprom”, “Zhairemsky GOK”, “Asemtas”, “Іzdenіs”, “Geoincenter” and other.
Undergraduates can study for the semester abroad on academic mobility programs at the University of Adam Mickiewicz, Tomsk Polytechnic University, Freie University, University of Lorrain (Nancy, France), Institute of Mining Engineering and Technology (Beijing, China).
Graduates work in the positions of the chief geologist, senior geologist, technologist, head of the geological party, district geologist, work at the university. The Master's program provides in-depth training in the specialty. At the end of the theoretical course, students conduct experimental research work in enterprises.