Training in the field of design work in the field of civil and industrial construction, urban planning and landscape architecture, design of the architectural environment, working as architects, as well as at the intersection of architecture and design.
Future bachelors receive comprehensive knowledge in the field of architecture and design. Students will be taught architectural graphics, academic drawing, painting modeling, three-dimensional computer modeling, architectural and landscape design, urban planning.
Thus, they will gain knowledge of creating a project model, making production and technical decisions in the field of civil and industrial construction, urban planning and landscape architecture, restoration and reconstruction of historic buildings, interior architecture, as well as for organizing project work in a team.
The list of subjects includes:
- Contemporary Art History
- Descriptive geometry
- Drawing and painting
- Architectural design
- Design graphics and prototyping
- Professional architectural model making
- Technology of architectural model making
- Financial analysis and project evaluation
- Color and light in architecture
- Integrated architectural design
- Engineering systems of buildings and structures
- Landscape architecture
- BIM Basics
Skills learned from the program:
- Ability to create design projects;
- Ability to work in autocad, 3ds max, revit, corel draw, photoshop;
- Understanding the connections between people and structures, between structures and their environment;
- Skill of conducting research as an integral part of the architectural preparation of the task for the design of the object;
- Understanding of construction and engineering problems associated with the design of buildings;
- Mastering design skills within the constraints imposed by cost factors and building codes;
- Development of creative competence in the field of construction equipment.
You will be able to analyze the urban environment, simulate the volume-spatial objects of the environment with reference to the urban situation and create new landscapes and urban spaces, expositions, interiors, advertising, industrial and household items with the help of engineering improvement of the territory.
You will learn how to create urban, rural and park ensembles with architectural and design objects and engineering structures included in them; interior spaces of residential and public buildings, including the decoration of rooms; underground public buildings and interiors.
Most teachers have extensive practical experience in their field of study and are recognized as specialist architects. Training practice at the 1,2-m courses for students selected by a special competition is held in Samarkand (Uzbekistan), Baku (Azerbaijan). At senior courses, students have the opportunity to study at universities in Italy, Poland, Malaysia, etc. for one semester on academic mobility programs.
The internship takes place in the leading design organizations of the city of Almaty, such as the Project Academy KAZGOR, Almatygiprogor, Urbostan, etc. In the process of studying, students successfully participate in international professional competitions.
Graduates receive the qualification "bachelor of engineering and technology" in the direction of training "Architecture", "bachelor of arts" in the direction of training "Design" and work as architects, designers, landscape designers, fashion designers, artists. The priority of training is practical activity, design of residential and public facilities, city planning.
Architects and designers of the architectural environment are especially in demand in modern conditions. They work as highly paid architects, city planners and will be able to work in private architectural offices and elite construction companies, creating a new image of independent Kazakhstan.