Training of specialists in the field of power engineering and power generation; design and operation of thermal and electric networks; management of technological and technical systems of energy complexes.
A power engineer is a specialist, whose function is development, production and operation of heat and energy security. A power engineer workouts and installs energy systems, develops and launches electrical equipment. They participate in elaboration of heat flow, electrical and other types of energy. As a technician in their work on repair and maintenance uses the most advanced and state-of-the-art technology, in trials of which they are involved as well.
Future bachelors study technical hydromechanics, characteristics of water-chemical regimes, thermal engineering and furnace devices and processes, energy saving and ecology, operating modes and operation of power plants’ equipment. Among the subjects regarding professional cycle, the most attention is paid to heat engineering, electrical engineering and mechanics. Specific disciplines of this direction are energy saving in heat-and-power engineering, heat and mass transfer, non-traditional and renewable energy sources.
You will learn to manage heat and power, electric power processes in all industry sectors, creating modern energy-saving technologies and equipment based on computer technology wide use.
1. Individual training program;
2. Laboratory equipping with the latest equipment from Schneider electric (France) and “Training equipment” (Russia), due to the given hardware it is possible to conduct research including educational experiments.
3. Participation in research projects;
4. The attraction of leading foreign scientists and professors for lecturing.
Skills gained from the program:
1. Determining the optimal parameters ratio of various energy systems;
2. Designing systems to achieve the desired result taking into account real limitations;
3. Ability to formulate and solve technical problems;
4. The use of methods, skills and modern technical tools in engineering practice.
The profession of a power engineer is needed in the labor market, since without professional power engineers no single industry can fully function. They decide whether a company needs to upgrade existing energy-saving systems and how to conduct technical re-equipment at the enterprise.
Graduates work at power plants, at enterprises that distribute and account for energy in non-core companies; they are engaged in technological equipment placement and in controlling technological discipline, fuel consumption rates and all types of energy. In addition, these specialists deal with elaboration and development of technological processes, and are responsible for environmental safety at work.