Targeted Master’s Program of the «International Scientific and Educational Center of the Nuclear Industry» with subsequent employment at «Kazatomprom»
Subject-oriented master's program.
Duration: 1,5 years.
After graduation: employment at a workplace.
Academic degree: Master of engineering and technology in a respective specialization.
Kazatomprom is the world's leading natural uranium producer, the national operator of the Republic of Kazakhstan for import and export of uranium, rare metals, nuclear fuel for nuclear power plants. It employs about 27,000 employees and more than 80 production facilities in 6 regions of Kazakhstan.
The strategic goals of Kazatomprom are focused on maintaining its leadership in the global natural uranium market, therefore the company remains attentive to staffing and training of qualified specialists. HR policy is aimed at developing staff skills in complex projects at different scales and creating a team of world-class elite specialists.
Within the training program on the basis of Satbayev University the International Science and Education Centre for the Nuclear Industry was established and a program of educational grants in geology, automation of production and chemical technologies was launched with subsequent employment at Kazatomprom.
Within the framework of the training the Centre has launched a subject-oriented programme for Master's degree in Geological Survey, Search and Exploration of Mineral Deposits, Chemical Technology of Inorganic Substances, Automation and Management.
Advantages of the program:
- 3 individually developed specialties;
- Language of instruction is mainly English;
- Participation of the Industrial Advisory Council in the development of training programs;
- Flexible education system (modular form of training);
- Innovative teaching technologies (multimedia lectures);
- Transfer technologies of knowledge is a hybrid form of teaching, where courses are conducted in tandem with KAP employee and SU Professor;
- Foreign academic staff;
- Large practical component on the basis of KAP and other partners;
- International internship at partner universities;
- Conducting joint research and development effort.
Students who won the grant get the tuition fee paid, high scholarship, accommodation, guaranteed employment in the world's leading company and undergo practical training in Kazatomprom's facilities with personal access to laboratories and industrial centers.
The International Scientific and Educational Center for Nuclear Industry (IS&ECNI) is the largest research guidance center of uranium industry in Kazakhstan. The "Digital Knowledge Bank" which was created within the framework of this center systematizes and develops the unique long-term industry experience of Kazatomprom. Members of the Association of Honorary Professors of Kazatomprom "Aqsaqaldar Kenesi" take an active part in the work of the Center in order to pass on all the experience accumulated to the younger generation.
Scientific and educational complex of the center:
- «Innovative geological and mineralogical laboratory»;
- Training Center «SU-Honeywell»;
- Laboratory of the Technological Machines and Equipment department for installation, adjustment and maintenance of production machinery;
- Metallurgical Laboratory;
- Kazakhstan-French educational center in the field of power engineering, electrical engineering and maintenance of automated systems – Schneider Electric;
- Laboratory of Nanotechnology;
- Laboratory of physical and chemical processes of uranium technology;
- Cabinet of RS IS and S&LP (radiation security, industrial security, safety and labour protection);
- Virtual simulators of technological processes:
- Siemens WIN CC - the professional environment of the automated process control system;
- Visim – system of mathematical design of processes.
Academic partners of the center:
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie (France)
- Université de Rennes (France)
- The University of Arizona (USA)
- McGill University (Canada)
- University Putra (Malaysia)
- University of Surrey (United Kingdom)
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden)
- University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (USA),
- Tomsk Polytechnic University
- St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics.