The conference "Soviet Citizens and Europeans in the Resistance Movement" will be held on April 8-9, 2021 in Novosibirsk, Russia. The conference is held to commemorate the International Day of the Resistance Movement, the International Day for the Liberation of Nazi Concentration Camp Prisoners, and the 80th anniversary of the beginning of the Great Patriotic War.
Objectives of the conference are integration in research and international dialogue of scientists, archivists, public organizations of various countries in the study of controversial issues of the Second World War, the role of the Soviet and European citizens in the Resistance Movement and their heroic contribution to the victory over the common enemy.
The conference is held within the framework of events dedicated to the 85th anniversary of one of the leading universities in Novosibirsk - Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University. Researchers from Russia, Austria, Germany, Italy, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Serbia, and France are taking part in the conference.
- Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation
- Ministry of Education of the Novosibirsk Region
- Satbayev University
- Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University
- German Historical Institute in Moscow
- Institute of Contemporary History (Belgrade, Republic of Serbia)
- GKU NSO "State Archives of the Novosibirsk Region"
- Italian Cultural Center "Enrico Mattei"
- Cultural Association "Russian World" (Turin, Italy)
- International Association for the Study of History and Culture Russian Germans
The main directions of the conference:
- Resistance Movement in the historiography: common ground and differences in the approaches of researchers from different countries.
- Documentary and archival evidence and memoirs about the participants of the resistance movement.
- Heroics as a sociocultural phenomenon, courage and heroism in resisting the fascism of the peoples of various countries.
- Nationwide struggle behind enemy lines in the temporarily occupied territories of the USSR and Europe.
- Soviet prisoners of war in the European Resistance Movement.
- The activities of the Soviet state security bodies during the Great Patriotic War in organizing the partisan movement and reconnaissance and sabotage groups in the temporarily occupied territories of the USSR.
- The role of various confessions in organizing resistance to the enemy.
- Women in the Resistance Movement.
- Participation of Siberians in the anti-fascist partisan movement, in underground and sabotage groups behind enemy lines.
Place and time of the conference:
April 8-9, 2021, in the format of video conferencing on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The conference starts on
April 8 at 13:00 (Novosibirsk time);
April 9 - at 13:00 (Novosibirsk time).
Conference program are posted on the
Link to participate in the conference
Contact person for participation in the conference:
Markdorf Natalia, Dr. hist. sciences, Professor, Department of Social Work, Institute of Culture and Youth Policy, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University
Tel. +7 (383) 269-20-88, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org