On September 21, an extended management meeting was held with Satbayev University’s scientists. Vice-Rector for Corporate Development Yerzhan Kuldeyev, who presented Satbayev University development program as well as scientific work plan to the staff until 2026, spent the extended meeting. During the given measure, the leaders, scientists and managers of Satbayev University discussed the concrete steps to transform the university into a hub for generating world-class innovative developments.
Satbayev University conducts active scientific work. It is the only university on training the personnel in the field of metallurgy, oil-gas, hydrogeology, mining and others. Over the past year, the university has developed a roadmap for implementing the joint activities with Committee of Geology at RK MEGNR, Republican competition for game developers GameJam was held, "Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology” and "Transport Services" programs were opened.
However, the university has already started to achieve an ambitious goal - to become Central Asian research hub and enter the top 200 universities in the world according to QS by 2026. As part of this work, Satbayev University has adopted an action plan that will help prepare a new generation of industrial engineers for our country. The project will be implemented within the framework of State Investment Project created due to the government in February this year.
The plan is primarily to reorganize the university and provide students and teachers with new academic buildings and dormitories. A new campus will be built on the site of the 50s buildings.
The new research hub will solve problems in several directions:
1. Enterprises: the work on providing enterprises with the scientific solutions they need will consist in attracting the expert opinion in solving the existing problems, technological renewal of enterprises and training qualified personnel.
2. RK MEGNR: implementing the tasks of national geological service, automation and digitalization of the geological industry, project management in hydrogeology sphere.
3. RK TCMDDIA: implementing the Smart City concept, creating the digital ecosystem of entrepreneurship.
4. 20 centers of academic excellence: advanced training of scientific personnel.
5. Schools and colleges: attracting talented young people to science.
6. MSHE: solving problems and improving the well-being of young scientists, reducing the "brain drain" from the country and launching the scientific developments of young people into production.
Investments in young scientists is the future of Kazakhstani science; they will become one of the priority areas of work. A wide social package, higher wages, affordable housing will help young scientists solve the main problems and focus on scientific activities.
Fundamental research will be at the center of the university's scientific work. The development of scientific infrastructure necessary for them is planned as an integral part of the plan. The same infrastructure will become the foundation for applied research and production of new technologies based on new applied and research units.
The university’s educational and scientific directions will be expanded. Based on Atlas of New Professions, Satbayev University will conduct a program of transformation of the educational process on the model base on world's leading technical universities. A new scheme of education through research will be carried out at the university, training will be conducted with an emphasis on practice and specialized disciplines, graduate students will have the opportunity to choose a practitioner as a diploma project supervisor.
Thus, the university will train practice-oriented qualified personnel with advanced additional skills and digital literacy, capable of increasing productivity, technological renewal and digitalization of manufacturing sector of our country's economy.
At the meeting, the management discussed the presented plan with university scientists and planned a series of working meetings on specific steps to realize the university reform plan.