On April 10-11, 2019, Satbayev University received participants of the annual event aimed at introducing digital technologies into the practice of urban planning and development. International Academy of Architecture, The Bassenov Architecture, Construction and Energy Institute that is part of Satbayev University structure and “Autodesk” international company organized the given event. Experts in Architecture sphere from the countries of Central Asia, Russia, Germany, Italy and Belgium made their presentations. “At the discussion platform professional relations were formed between specialists, government bodies and public organizations as well. The main thing that distinguishes this year’s forum is that digital solutions are ready for implementation. Based on the forum results, the adopted Declaration on the basic principles of Kazakhstani cities’ sustainable development will be sent to Prime Minister Askar Mamin. In addition, a collection of reports will be published,” said Director of The Bassenov Architecture, Construction and Energy Institute, forum moderator Bolat Kuspangaliyev.
Andrei Chernikhov (RF), First Vice-President of International Academy of Architecture, Dmitry Kalashnikov, “Autodesk” company Director for Business Development in Central Asia, Alexey Abilov, Architecture PhD at Satbayev University, Shukur Askarov, UNESCO consultant (Uzbekistan), geo- archeologists Sala Renato (Italy) and Deôme Jean-Marc (Belgium) and others presented their developments in the forum.
The program of III International Innovation Forum included a plenary session and sections’ work in such areas as “Sustainable development of urban planning systems - current trends”, “Smart city and digital technologies”, “Cultural heritage as a factor of sustainable development”.
The result was a declaration that the participants sent to RK Prime Minister Askar Mamin. The mentioned document, in particular, says that the forum members discussed the most pressing problems related to cities and villages’ development in the modern world in global challenges context of our time. They recognized the need to preserve cultural heritage as one of the most crucial components of sustainable development concept.
- Based on the joint work results, the participants of III International Innovation Forum "Digital Kazakhstan: Sustainable Development of Urban Planning Systems in 21st Century" adopted a number of recommendations. It is necessary to create a regulatory framework for indicators’ use of sustainable development in urban planning documentation workout. It is required to initiate the creation regarding unified system of modern digital technologies for implementing the ideas of “Smart city” and “Green” architecture.
The Bassenov Institute of Architecture, Construction and Energy Bolat Kuspangaliyev enumerated the main theses of declaration:
- To create conditions for citizens to access urban planning documents in digital format before their approval by government agencies.
- To significantly increase the role of pre-project research in urban planning sphere.
- To more intensively introduce digital technologies in projects for restoration and preservation of material culture monuments.
- To create a single database related to immovable monuments of the country’s material culture. In addition, it is required to initiate a network creation of certified experts for all types of work with immovable cultural heritage objects.”
It is worth noting that according to the forum results a memorandum will be concluded.