How to fill in the application to participate in state grant contest?
1. Before applying, select your favorite educational program at Satbayev University, corresponding to the relevant subjects in which you passed UNT.
2. Write down for yourself the code (column “Groups of educational programs” in the table) of the group of educational programs that includes the program you have chosen.
3. Indicate the group code and code of Satbayev University (Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satpayev) in the application for a grant: 029.
Educational Program Group
Complex testing subjects
M115 Petroleum Engineering
Drilling of oil and gas wells
Technology and machinery for oil extraction
Training of specialists in the field of oil and gas engineering.
Graduates receive an academic master’s degree in engineering and technology for 1.5 years of study or a master of technical sciences for 2 years of study.
Students study the methods of drawing up projects for the development of oil fields, comprehensively study oil reservoirs and wells, determine the economic value of the objects identified and the effectiveness of exploration.
Advantages of the program:
- accredited by ASIIN agency (Germany);
- provides the opportunity to continue training in the specialty "Subterranean reservoirs of energy" under the double-diploma master program developed jointly with the French University of Lorraine (France);
- Training practice is conducted at the training ground of Satbayev University.
Production and pre-diploma practice is conducted in the companies Pgd Services Paradigm-Dank Cooperation, DANK, PGS, Geoken, GIS Company, Azimut Energy Services, Kazakhmys, Kazzinc, Kazfossfor, Maykayyn-Gold "," Kazatomprom "," Zhairemsky GOK "," Asemtas "," Іzdenіs "," Geoinsentr ", etc.
Undergraduates can study for the semester abroad within academic mobility programs at the University of Adam Mickiewicz, Tomsk Polytechnic University, Freie University, Lorraine University (Nancy, France), the Institute of Mining Engineering and Technology (Beijing, China).
Graduates work in the field of mining and services for mining companies, research and consulting. Most jobs include a combination of office and field work, use of state-of-the-art computer programs, and travel to monitor the implementation of projects at fields in international locations from the UAE to the North Sea.
Undergraduates are given the opportunity to obtain a double international qualification of a master according to the results of the second year of study at foreign partner universities in the USA, Western Europe and Russia.