|Group of educational programs||UNT subjects|
|B057 Information Technologies||Mathematics - Computer Science|
How to fill in the application to participate in state grant contest?
1. Before applying, select your favorite educational program at Satbayev University, corresponding to the relevant subjects in which you passed UNT.
2. Write down for yourself the code (column “Groups of educational programs” in the table) of the group of educational programs that includes the program you have chosen.
3. Indicate the group code and code of Satbayev University (Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satpayev) in the application for a grant: 029.
The program of Computer Science is for producing specialists in areas of Information Systems, Software Development and Machine Learning. The program is divided into three dedicated areas and covers all issues of modern programming and Information Technologies. The content of the disciplines was developed with an account and the relevance to similar programs offered at leading universities worldwide.
Information Systems covers all aspects of building scalable information management systems, integration and maintenance of software products, organization of information systems infrastructure, automation of business processes and data flows.
Software Engineering covers all aspects of hardware and software design and development. Within this program, students hone the skills to implement various projects of different level of complexity using software development tools.
Machine Learning & Data Science broadly address issues of creating Artificial Intelligence models and systems. It is based on the machine learning paradigm, in which a machine by virtue of methodical adaptation of its parameters becomes able to make decisions in the subject area.
This undergraduate educational program is based on current trends in software development and in close relationship with industry. The program includes such disciplines as electronics and digital circuitry, discrete mathematics and information theory, algorithms and data structures, databases, operating systems and system programming, object-oriented and functional programming, an introduction to data analysis and artificial intelligence, machine learning applied tools, parallel programming, network programming and distributed computing.
You will be able to:
- develop, implement, test and deploy software products and information systems for various professional purposes;
- design software products, information systems and its components in the range of different fields;
- apply contemporary technologies for processing large volumes of information, implement quality analysis for effective decision making;
- know current trends in the field of information technology;
The program requires students to complete internship at major IT companies, banks and government agencies. The best students can apply for studying at leading universities worldwide within the program of academic mobility.
Specialists in designing and developing software products, information systems and its components, are focused on analysis, design and development of software components for various purposes in all sectors of the economy, government and other areas and are in high demand within the labor market. Graduates of this program are employed as systems analysts and architects, programmers, testers of software products and information systems, database developers at major internationally established companies such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Apple and many others.